What is a Back-up Childcare Program?
Employers contract with a back-up care company to provide emergency babysitter benefits to their employees in case they experience a breakdown in their regular childcare arrangements. Many of the needs are last-minute, and may include:
- Caregiver (including spouse) is sick
- Employee must work overtime and regular caregiver is unavailable
- Child is mildly ill
- Caregiver is on vacation, has to go out of town, or has unbreakable commitment for the day
- Vacations, holidays, breaks or early dismissal at your child’s school or daycare
- Business travel requires care
- Other unexpected disruptions
Employers provide subsidized coverage of their childcare in order for their employees to be able to work.
How does it work?
Why should companies offer back-up care?
The benefits of a backup childcare program include:
- Reduced absenteeism
- Recruiting tool for best talent
- Reduced staff turnover
- Increased productivity
- Higher employee morale
- Peace of mind for employees knowing that sick childcare arrangements are available
How do I get it?
Please contact your human resources department to find out if your company offers an emergency childcare benefit. For more information about getting a backup care program started for your company, please call Casey at 941-677-8687 or complete the form to the right.
Tampa – St Pete
Bradenton – Sarasota
North Port – Ft Myers
Providing loving care for area families and children since 2001.
Copyright: Our Loving Arms 2001